Position Type: Network Operations
Salary Rate: TBD
LOCATION: Southeast Wisconsin on the Shore of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI
OFFSITE was founded in 2001, has an 18-year operating history and is privately held. The company owns and operates a five-acre data center campus. The campus has two (2) Tier III data center buildings totaling 50,000 square feet with a 6-megawatt capacity and diverse feeds from Wisconsin Electric.
The company began offering high performance cloud hosting platforms in 2009. The platform has experienced significant growth since that time and is supported by a dedicated engineering team. The platform is built on Cisco UCS, PURE flash storage, Cisco ASR & Palo Alto security platforms and utilizes Veeam for back up and disaster recovery solutions. Connectivity to our platform is accessed through a carrier dense network with five (5) Type 1 providers combined in a BGP mesh with WAN optimization Supporting cloud platforms are maintained at Equinix data center in Chicago, IL and at Level 3 data center in Denver CO. The data center headquarters and supporting cloud operations all operate under SOC II, Type II auditing standards.
- Configure, customize and implement new ESXi Host per client request
- New storage implementation and initialization on SSD storage platform
- P2V or V2V migrations in onboarding new client environments using VMware product platform
- Create or maintain topology documentation, configurations, backup, alerting, monitoring, and logs
- Manage L1 to L3 LAN, MAN and WAN transit segments between client sites and data center on Cisco or Extreme routers and switches
- Administer existing multi-homed BGP routers and ISP aggregation.
- Implement and/or troubleshoot ACL/NAT configurations on various platforms such as Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA/PIX, Palo Alto or PFsense
- Respond to client request for 3rd party application support on various systems such as MS SQL, MS Exchange, VWware or MS System Center.
- Other duties as assigned
- Preferred certifications or extensive work in the category; CompTIA Network+, Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, Extreme Networks ECNA, Microsoft – MCSA/MCSE/MCITP, VMware – VCP/VCAP, Cisco – CCNA/CCNP
- You can collect data, define problems, establish facts, and take decisive action (sometimes) under pressure.
- You do not get flustered easily. If you do not know an answer, you dig until you find it.
- You have the people skills required to work with IT teams from Fortune 500 companies to support mission critical IT systems
- You are patient, levelheaded and cool under pressure. You take great personal satisfaction in problem solving and helping others.
- You can communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone
- You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion.
- You stayed focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
As an OFFSITE associate, you may be eligible for Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D, along with incentives that include a 401K plan. We also offer a generous PTO Package and a casual dress code. OFFSITE is also committed to professional development and provides training as well as access to team knowledge sharing sessions.
Some lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required
- The coolest designed data center ecosystem and enterprise cloud platform you’ll ever see.
- A demanding and rapidly growing mid-market client base to challenge you daily.
- A team of disciplined Aces ready to show you the ropes.
- Our commitment to develop and advance your career.
- A guy who tells pretty good jokes on Taco Tuesday.
OFFSITE LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.