Why Cloud-based Data Solutions?
Organizations are increasingly leveraging cloud computing, regardless of their size. From small and medium businesses to big corporations, the cloud offers a way to optimize IT budget, while ensuring the agility and scalability of their IT infrastructure. The benefits of a cloud-based data solution include:
- Flexibility and ability to Scale – Cloud-based data solutions have the ability to expand or shrink based on the needs of your business. It offers virtually unlimited capacity and changes can be made without dealing with hardware procurement.
- Cost Efficiencies – In addition to the cost savings of moving away from physical hardware procurement lifecycles, cloud-based data solutions often lead to lower administrative costs associated with the IT resources to manage the services.
- Availability and Business Continuity – High availability and failover schemes ensure your data is available when you need it. Cloud-based backup and replication jobs safeguard against disasters negatively impacting your ability to access critical data.
- Compliance – Cloud service providers offer solutions and services that are already compliant with existing compliance requirements.
- Speed to Deployment – Traditional hardware can take days or weeks to ship, configure and install. Cloud-based data solutions are deployable in a fraction of the time.
The question is not whether or not to embrace cloud computing, but rather, the question is how to best make use of this technology.
Which cloud-based data solutions should I leverage?
Cloud-based backup and recovery involves sending a copy of your data (the backup) to an off-site server. Once your data is backed up and securely stored, a virtual machine environment is configured to restore your critical IT systems and applications in the event of a disaster. Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity as a Service (DRaaS, BCaaS) ensures your customized virtual environment then lies dormant at the ready, there should you need it.
Big Data Storage
Big data and data analytics have the potential to transform and provide insight into your business operations – but all that data takes up space and is vulnerable to cyberattack. Cloud-based data solutions allow you to store and protect this valuable data off-premises.
Cloud-based File Storage
Most of us have already been exposed to a cloud-based file storage environment like Google Drive or Dropbox. Instead of taking up the limited space available on your hard drive, storing the files in the cloud allows you to save disk space, while also offering benefits such as team collaboration, version control, security, and access.